Re: [a/s] Hitch & Equalizers

Dana,
Others have responded but I don't think they covered the "basics".  The
purpose of the load levelers is to actually transfer 1/3 of the trailer
weight to the tow vehicles rear axle/wheels, and 1/3 to the tow vehicles
front axle/wheels.  According to Joe Rodriquez in customer service at
EAZ-LIFT, most people who have load -levelers do not have them set up
properly.  Once your load levelers are set up properly your rig will not
only be level, but 2/3's of the trailer weight has been transferred to the
tow vehicle.  This will make your tow vehicle's steering very stable.

Some people may argue that with properly set up load-levelers you do not
need sway control but you won't get that advice from me.  On my 25'
Caravanner, I use 2 sway controls (cheap insruance). Using air shocks
without load-levelers is not a good or safe substitute and puts all the
tongue weight on the rear axle, and thus no even weight distribution and an
unhappy rear axle.

Bruce DeMille
WBCCI #7676
VAC