[a/s] Hitch & Equalizers

 Have 73 Land Yacht, Overlander, 27'. Pulled by  99 Dodge  V10 4X4 3500.
husband is exp Truck Driver of 30 yrs. Our rig pulls great! Don't feel we
need the Equalizer or stabilizer bars.  Need some feed back on this since
we're novice at this travel trailer thing.  We haven't gone on a trip futher
than 60 miles.  Guy at RV place told us what to look far in the way it pulls
and ours was fine out on the road so we didn't buy the set up.  Give me any
info on this.

Also, someone tell us about the A/S we have.  What does the name, Land
Yacht, Overlander mean?  Does it just mean the size or what?I know the
limited is the best, Excella maybe the second.  Is ours just an average one?
Just curious.
DSK in TEXAS