Re: [a/s] Cell Phone Laptop (was Hunter's Excellent Adventure)

Say Carol,

what phone/modem/laptop do you use?  I have a StarTac with analog mode that
was originally bought because I plan to use it with a laptop, (It was
featured as being data-capable)  My pocketmail device (Sharp TR-20) works
just fine with it, but I haven't been able to get any info on what
cords/modems/laptops's will work with it.  I'd like to use a either a 5700
series Powerbook or a g3 Powerbook, but if I have to go PC to go wireless, I
guess I can deal...

On another tangent, the Pocketmail device is a hoot.  I used to log on to
computer bulletin boards with a Commodore that had a 300baud modem, which
the phone receiver rested on top of to communicate.  We come so far, only to
go retro back to already tried and true methods -- how hysterical! IMHO,
anyways.

Pook