Re: [a/s] Electric trailer jack

An electric jack should not be damaged when raising
the front of the trailer to the maximum extension of
the jack. However, when that trailer is locked on the
hitch of the tow vehicle that's a different story.
     My Silver Streak owner's manual says that when
the trailer is sitting on the tow vehicle hitch ball
and locked in place, to raise the jack to it's fullest
extension, then put the level bars on, then lower the
jack to it's minimum for travel. My Reese Electric
Jack, would really complain if I pulled that stunt!
Perhaps a new one that can lift 2500 pounds would
relish the job. Mine being a 1977 is probably rated at
about 1500 lbs, I have a 950 hitch weight. And when
hitched you are also raising all the cargo in the back
of your truck too! (in my case another 1000 pounds at
least, and more when my 500 pound Honda street bike is
in the truck, too)
I plan on replacing it this summer, as I have to keep
taking it apart to clean up the points, they keep
burning, it is time, after all, 25 years of good
service...........
I have seen the dolly wheels, and personally would
rather have a truck hitched up to do my maneuvering.

RR