Re: [a/s] DeLorme GPS

Hunter:

There's a kind of mobile travel desk made that is, very roughly speaking,
a box that sits on the passenger seat and is attached via the seat's lap
belt. I've seen at least two variations on the "box", but each was pretty
well thought out, with a place for a few vertical file folders, a writing
surface, swing-out arm, shelf for laptop, storage for misc desk stuff.
One example I find right away is in Cabela's catalog: "Auto Exec Mobile
Office", item RL-51-2713. Web is "cabelas.com". If you have the bench
seat something like that might fit your needs *and* leave room for the
co-pilot.

>I wonder if I should just use my inverter.  I didn't want to
>do that, but I suppose it would be fine.  It shouldn't hurt my computer right

Might depend on the inverter. Some computers are sensitive current which
is not a true sine wave, and all but the most expensive inverters supply
a "modified" od "square" sine wave. However, some laptops continue to run
off the battery when plugged into AC: the AC then simply keeps the
battery charged, and this might buffer the current. Bottom line: might be
OK, but *check with somebody who knows your equipment before plugging
in!*

BTW: hope you have a"Dog is my Co-pilot" bumper sticker!

Rob