Re: [a/s] Concerned Airstreamer Speaks Out

         The trailer that I used my Reese Dual Cam on was a 23 ft., 1972
Safari, weighing in at around 4,050 lb. empty.  I did not like the effect
seen when semis passed me (not always, just some models of trucks that make
a really big bow wave, and just when they passed close and fast).  I had
talked to a number of people who made the switch, and was convinced.  I
decided that if I got a longer trailer, I would go with the HA.
         I wanted a longer trailer, and when I got the chance to buy my 28
ft., 1995 Excella (7,100 lb, empty), I reasoned that the bow wave might
cause even more white knuckles.  Walt Barksdale gave me a reasonable deal
on the HA if I bought both, and so I did.  I've not regretted it, but have
to admit that comparing hauling a 23', 4050+ lb trailer with a Reese to
hauling a 28', 7,100+ lb trailer with a HA is somewhat "apples and
oranges."  Main thing: I'm happy, Jane's happy.

- Dick
"To every man is given the key to open the gates of heaven;
The same key opens the gates of hell."  -  Buddhist saying
Dick Kenan Tel: 770-451-0672
Retired and loving it!
WBCCI # 5368 23' 1972 LY Safari
Atlanta