Re: [a/s] Concerned Airstreamer Speaks Out

Sherry:

         I expect that more people will get bothered about the more
peripheral stuff - virusus, toxicity, etc. - than about the items you
mention.  All lists have differences of opinions, and people tend to be
dedicated to their own views and their own choices for rigs.  I find it
hard to accept that people will find the views you list "easy to think."
Almost no one would believe that a good solar setup costs anywhere near
$10K, and a $40K tow vehicle is an extravagance unless it's your only
vehicle and you're full-timing.  I don't know where the concern about
trailers exploding comes from; but, of course, fire is a real danger for
trailers.
         The hitch thing - well, many do take the view that only this hitch
or that one is "safe,"  and that one simply *must* have the "safest" hitch
available; the discussion does get a bit out of hand on occasion.
         In any event, I'd rather let them be concerned and ask questions
about their concerns than to stifle the discussion.  Just my opinions.

- Dick
(5368)