Re: [a/s] Air Conditioner Question

I have a Coleman, Mach "something", and as I remember,
the last time I repainted the shroud, it has a rubber
gasket that it sits on. The gasket doesn't look too
tight to me, but it doesn't leak. The unit sits in a
"drip-pan" of sorts on top of the gasket, and that
channels the water from the rain, and (condensation
when the unit is being used) out onto the roof. I am
careful to make sure that my drain hole doesn't get
"plugged" as that would cause a problem. I doubt that
many people have ever maintained this part of their
air-conditioning unit or ever thought about it. But I
don't miss much, he, he, he. But it does get leaves
and debris in it. You on the other hand may need a new
unit, with gasket, or a new gasket. I am going to
replace the whole thing this summer, as only one speed
works, and it is 23 years old.
Arizona Silver Streaker....