Re: [a/s] heating element hot water heater

	A couple of points that I will add to the discussion- The water heater
that is used in most Airstreams that I have seen are Atwood (fka Bowen) brand.
	These are aluminum tanks, and do not come from the factory with anode rods
(Atwood says that the entire inside of the tank is the anode, and since the
area is so large, it is a non-issue. I'm not sure I agree, but that's the
official line).
	So- anyway, adding a "Hot Rod" will not bother the tank (Suburban brand
WH's are another story).

	The Hot Rod" brands that I have installed are 475 watt- not too bad for
consumption, but will not heat incredibly fast, either (though most people
find it to be fast enough).

	Most "factory" gas/electric WH's have either a 1000 watt or 1440 watt
element- a significant energy draw.

________

	Chris Bryant
	Bryant RV Services