Re: [a/s] Univolt replacement & Locks

When the Univolt in my '70 died, I retained the fuse panel in the front of
the unit, gutted the transformer and replaced the innards with a $44.00 10
amp automatic battery charger. The charger is set to deep cycle/automatic
mode and has worked perfectly for a year and a half now. If I am not using
the lights and have the trailer plugged in, I put the charger on a timer to
run about an hour a day. Even on automatic mode, the batteries will go dry in
a couple of months if the charger is on all the time with no drain.

Jerry S.
dsrtquest in Las Vegas NV
70 Safari (desert camper)
79 Ambassador (home)