Re: [a/s] A/S Polish

Don't know if it's cheaper..this is a repost about polishing....

To hire it done will cost you about $100.00 a ft (body length).  If you
wish to do it yourself it will probably cost you$500 to $700.  This
includes about $180.00 for a polisher, $300+ for polish, plus cleaning
cloths, buffing pads.  I have just finished polishing a 16ft unit that
cost  about $500 for materials, which included $130.00 for one of those
ladders you can make into a platform and other shapes.  It is a  slow,
dirty/ messy job and just a whole lot of work.  And as I am told if you
want to maintain the mirror finish you can plan on doing a finish polish
yearly.  I used three different Rolite brand polishes. You might contact
Rolite Co. about their polish products at 1-800-253-6466 plus their
advice.  Ask for Janet.  Also Scott at Lake Country Mfg (1-800-648-2833)
can give you the low down on buffing pads to go with Rolites products
plus he can give you advice.  Different pad for each polish.  I purchased
a DeWalt Model 849 variable speed buffer for the job and liked it fine.
If you have any question you can contact me off line.  After polishing
you can put on a sealant that reportedly makes the shine last longer and
I haven't done this yet but will.  Expect maybe I can refinish each year
with the sealant?  Clearcoating only last about 10 years, provided you
can get a decent product and job done and then it starts coming off.  It
cost somewhere between $1500 and $2000 the last I heard. >>

Hunter