Re: [a/s] Hitch adjustment -- cognitive dissonance -- residence state

Yes, Pete, I think most of us probably can apply the cognitive dissonance
theoretical framework to a lot of our decisions.  But I notice when I get
all relaxed and comfortable in routine patterns some frost heave anxiety of
the soul impels me into new and often stressful new directions requiring
more decision making.

For instance, I live in Connecticut now.  For tax benefit purposes
(maximizing resources) I thought I would probably go to South Dakota as a
home state.  Yet many on this list sing the praises of Texas.  So I
vacillate.  But for some reason I'm still drawn to South Dakota.  (Not the
least of which was Hunter's reference to an article describing the benefits
of such a choice.)

Sure would like to hear some (anecdotal and statistical) data and opinions
and ideas about South Dakota!

all persuasions -- no violence,

                                george