Re: [a/s] high pressure hose

     Actually, it is a health issue.  A color coded hose used for only
moving potable water is much less likely to introduce contaminants into
the drinking water system.  A hose that is left to incubate in the sun
grows bacteria.  My wife used to work for a company that tested water
for real-estate companies.  Typically, the agent would pick up the test
kit, fail to read the instructions that clearly say "don't use a garden
hose to fill this container," and then complain when the water test was
failed!  When asked, they usually admitted to filling the bottle from a
hose.  They then got another sample (paided again), and usually passed.
Almost every failure to pass the water test was attributable to garden
hoses.
     With that said, if the hose is turned on and left to run for about
five minutes, water from that hose will usually meet state standards
too.  I use a common garden hose to fill my tank at home.  However, I
keep it clean, don't use it for spraying chemicals or cleaning holding
tanks or anything else, and flush it every time I use it.  It's not the
hose per se, it the way it's cared for.
     On the road I only use my white potable water hose.  I always flush
it before use too, because there's nothing magical about white hoses.
You can have the same problems with white hoses or green hoses.  Keep
them clean, use them for nothing but carrying clean water to a clean
container, and flush them, white or green.

Take care, Tom