Re: [Re: [a/s] Mildew??]

Since we're on the subject of mildew... Someone mentioned that they were
considering putting in custom cut futon cushions in their A/S (was it you
Cici? sorry, I lost my internet connection when reading posts). Back in
college I stayed in a basement apartment for two months and when I moved out
the bottom of the futon was encrusted with mold. And I couldn't figure out why
I kept waking up with a stuffed nose. Ha! Anyway, those cotton mattressess
smell great and they're great for the environment in general, but they are
magnets for spores. May I recommend that if you get the custom cushions that
you go to Target or wherever and get those breathable mattress covers? They
don't let anything in but the more expensive ones do "breath." Then cover the
"covers" with upholstery.

Nicci