Re: [a/s] New Airstream(s) owner

Wally -

We installed Pergo in our home office about 2 years ago.  Although it is
very durable and attractive, I have a couple of reservations about using it
in an Airstream.

1.  Since it is a highly compressed material, it is heavy, heavy, heavy!
2.  If it gets wet at all, it swells just like masonite or corrugated
cardboard.
3.  It's not particularly inexpensive.
4.  It is very hard to install in narrow areas close to walls because you
have to exert quite a bit of pressure (or pounding) to seat the tongue in
the groove properly.
5.  After a couple of years of dog toenails, we found out that Pergo does
scratch a lot even though they say it won't.

Since a lot of these are potential problems with other kinds of flooring as
well, I guess Pergo might work as well as anything...but I think I'll stick
to vinyl flooring and area rugs!

Tom
--
Tom & Jan Greenberg, West Bloomfield, MI
'66 26' Overlander & Hensley Hitch