Re: [a/s] New Airstream(s) owner

Hey Lew --

Really great links for tambour! Thanks

I see what you mean about exotic tambour - How about shiny aluminum doors in
your A/S?

An incredible thing happened today - I went to the RV park where our 65
overlander lives to make arrangements for the 72 overlander.

Low and behold another A/S - a 31 foot I think, is being renovated and the
entire interior was sitting on a garbage heap, including all the Tambour
doors. All were in great shape. So I spent about an hour unscrewing the
tambours with the plastic side mounts. What a find.

I looked inside the 31' being renovated and the owner has completely
stripped the A/S to the bare floor. What a sight. Unfortunately he took
little care with the cabinets, aluminum parts and trim. But I may go back
and pick out the door closure hardware and other bits.

I am also looking for a toilet seat for the 1972. Does anyone know if that
is a standard part still available from A/S?

Also, we found the perfect floor (now smelly old carpet) and the perfect
window blinds at Home Depot.

The floor will be Pergo - an waterproof, easy-to-install and economical
floor - we bought a how-to video which we can return for full credit.

The blinds will be super-slim 1/2" venitian blinds in polished aluminum.

We also started to do some polishing tests on the 1967 A/S. SOme of the
lacqer has come off and we are trying to figure out what to do. We are going
to test several products including those from Airmark Tools (waiting for
delivery). We bought a Makita 7" orbital polisher. The task look ominous,
but I will report my progress later.

Bye for now -

Wally