Re: [a/s] New Airstream(s) owner

Thanks Tom --

Great WEB!

Our 1965 Overlander looks almost identical.. or stove is slightly different,
but everything else seems the same.

I guess that there were not many changes from 65 to 66.

By the way - we are also involed in 3D Animation and Digital video in
Toronto we are dealers for Maya, Discreet - etc. are you going to NAB (video
conference in LasVegas)?

We towed our A/S to a great RV park, just outside of Guelph Ontario. There
are now 3 A/S in the park, soon to be 4 with our other 1972 Overlander.

It is interesting to compare the same model 1972 and 1965. I must say that
they really cheapened up on the wood in 1972 (or should I say cardboard).
The rolling doors (tambure??) really sucks.

Many doors have become stiff and some others have fallen apart.

Do you or anyone know where we can get raw material or replacement doors?

2 overhead windows have also become foged and flaked - I'm thinking of using
a router/trimer to cut away the inside plastic window.

The old carpet floor does not go under the cabinets and I am thinking of a
wooden laminate floor.

The mechanics on the 72 seem to be somewhat improved - simplified plumbing,
easier hookup and built-in jacks. also, there are better places to put a TV
in the 72.

Our park has 100 new (200 total) serviced spots and great facilities for fun
and kids, including a giant slide.

If anyone is interested in visiting please let us know and we can give more
info.

Thanks

Wally