Re: [a/s] HEATER PROBLEM

Hi, Airstream people,

I don't have an Airstream yet, but I've used (and cursed) Suburban
heaters for years in my greenhouse.  Long ago I learned that the weak
link in the heater is the "Electronic Ignition Module."  When the unit
fails to work, this unit is responsible 90 % of the time.  It's easy to
replace but costs a lot each time.  I'm sure it's not plannned
obselesence (sp?) but it must be a nice constant source of income for
the Suburban furnace people there in Dayton, TN. (In all fairness, my
furnace units were used heavily in a moist greenhouse environment and I
suspect a well-kept Airstream would be a kinder and gentler milieu.)

There ARE other possible causes of your problem including spider-webs in
the limit switch, mice in the fan, etc, etc so look inside first......

Douglas Kirkpatrick
Medford, OR