Re: [a/s] Changing from copper plumbing to plastic

Joe,

I am interested in what you did.

I tilt the trailer way up in the front, open the rear drain and let if flow out, (venting the system with the faucets open).  I've even run the pump so the main tank runs dry too.

I installed a 3 way valve.  I think that's what it would be.  (In and out in one direction and then in and out in another direction).  Anyhow, I installed it right before the 12 volt pump and filter/screen.  When the valve is in one direction it is normal flow from the tank, when its switched 90 degrees it is taking its flow from the hose I installed and subsequently can place into an antifreeze bottle.  Run the pump, suck the antifreeze into the system and let it flow out each faucet.  Of course if you are lucky to have a bypass on the hot water, you can save the capacity of that by bypassing.

It worked great for me just returning to MA from FL.

But, I don't get to save the antifreeze.  How do you do it?
Rich Walbridge
mailto:richwalbridge@airstream.net
WBCCI#3371