Re: [a/s] wasTruck Cap vs Roll Top Cover-now hitch drop

Hey I need help with this, we've just gotten the tow rig for my 1966
Overlander and we're trying to figure out how much "hitch drop" we should
have.  We tried to calculate what would make the trailer level or nearly so
while towing.  The hitch on the pickup is higher than the trailer hitch,
probably because the older a/s were made with cars in mind, huh?  I don't
know, of course, so that's why I'm asking.  There were sure some big hitch
drops available, and we are going to get one of the middle-looking ones
(scientific, eh?) and try that.  Our ball only has about an inch of rise.  If
I'm doing something wrong, please let me know.....
We're towing with a 3/4 ton diesel 4x4 Chevy Silverado with a standard hitch
(already one on the vehicle when we purchased it).  He had towed his John
Deere collection on a trailer with this truck so we know it's going to be
just fine for the Silver Belle!  It was my husband's friend's brother we
bought it from and it's sure nice to know the condition it was kept in prior
to us buying it.
Crystal