Re: [a/s] Email on the road

A device I have not seen mentioned is the Hewlett
Packard Jornada 680/690.  I noticed this handheld PC
last summer and have just been waiting for the prices to
come down (like they always do).

These handhelds function like a micro-laptop running
Windows CE.  So for those who are already used to
Windows, these H/PCs will speed up your learning curve.
I've typed on the keyboards, and for medium to small
fingers (no farmer hands please) the touch/feel is quite
doable for typical email and journalling.

The Microwarehouse.com prices are 700-900 dollars US.
Of course, you could get a real decent laptop of an
older generation for that kind of money--but the power
requirements are heavier than with the HPCs.  The
Jornada also has digital camera capability....but that
is practical only if you have another PC to load your
collection onto.

Just sharing what's on my wish list....

Jay Griffin