Re: [a/s] '97 GMC Suburban

If you are talking 454 there was a manifold redesign several years ago which
seems to have remained unknown to many GM dealerships.  I went through three
sets of manifolds on my Argosy motorhome before I chanced to find someone who
had the relevant tech bulletin (of which I now have a copy) and was able to
order the correct parts.  The new design manifolds use a stainless steel gasket
and since installing them I have driven 60 or 70K miles with no further
problems.

Whether they are compatible with CA emission standards is another ball of wax, I
don't know, but I suppose so, with the appropriate accessory stuff attached.

John

Susi and John Burchard
Tepe Gawra Salukis
saluqi@ix.netcom.com