[a/s] ERS

Here is an interesting side note on ERS.  When we had our van meltdown this
summer, Aistream ERS (not Airstream themselves) sent a tow as agreed.  They
towed my van, but the guy did not want to tow the trailer too.  I did not
want him to either.  When we found that the van was going to be dead for 3
days, we called Airstream ERS to tow the trailer somewhere safer than the
gas station on the side of the highway.  They did, but with some reluctance,
they said the tow truck was supposed to tow they both together.

When I got home, a talked to the local towing company (I trust after 20
years of fire department interaction with them)  They told me "NO WAY",
maybe to tow you a mile or so to get them both off the highway, but
otherwise, towing the two vehicles together is not safe AT ALL (particularly
a family vehicle and an RV).

Just an FYI if any of you get in the same boat.

Phil & Kathy Sinewe
mailto:phil@sinewe.com
http://www.sinewe.com