[a/s] Hello all.

I'm new to the net, but I've pulled airstreams since 1975.  I look forward to
exchange of ideas, tips, trip experiences, destination reviews, and comments.

At present, we have a 1985   31' Sovereign.  This unit is equipped with a
Suburban forced air furnace that doesn't work as I think it should.  The
furnace responds to the thermostat and starts to heat the trailer.  After a
while, we notice that only unheated air is being circulated, despite the
temperature being substantially below the thermostat setting.  So, we turn
off the furnace (and shiver, or use our electric heater).  After a while, we
turn the furnace back ON and again start to get warm air - for a while.

Have others experienced the above or similar scenario?  Is this "normal", or
is something malfunctioning within the unit?  Is it repairable "at home"?

I would appreciate any discussion or advice re: this problem.  Many Thanks.

Jim Newton
newtojm@aol.com