Re: [a/s] Couple of good tips...

Gordon,

I'll be leaving Padre Island with my new old AS caravel whenever the New
Jersey Motor Vehicles sends me the title and plate to General Delivery there
and I can get a fax of my Mexican Insurance, maybe as early as Feb 5 or 7,
putting me in San Miguel two days later.  I hope to see you there. If not I
may see you on the way back sometime in April-May.

How long does it take you to drive from Brownsville to San Miguel?  Because
I will be starting from Corpus Christi and given the headache at the border
I don't think I can drive through in one day.  Is the trailer park  at
Ciudad Victoria the right place to stop? No Cracker Barrel or Wal-mart
parking lots in Mexico to land in, though once we did sleep through an early
morning in a deserted Pemex station that was lit up so you could see a
cockroach crawling.

sincerely