Re: [a/s] Genset...

John:
I talked to Cummins Onan in Justice IL yeaterday and the 4Kw Emerald has a
list price of 2795.00 and the distributor said a dealer might offer 6% off
that ...Install of the unit can't be very difficult as a replacement... just
heavy....and physically difficult to get it in and out...The short block
quote sounds like a hose job....buyer beware....

If working on engines is your thing... have at it... if not, I can relate to
a lot of problems I had with auto overhauls and in the end hating the damn
thing and getting a new one anyway....The distributor said the Emerald is
basically the same, but a number of improvements over the years... depending
on how old the unit really is ????   Would you need to change out the remote
controls or just plug the new one in???

I have no idea of the price to get the new unit installed by Onan... but if
you were considering the rebuild yourself, I assume you might consider the
install ...

Best of luck... and post on progress if you have the time...

Jim