[VACList] Re: VACList Digest V3 #265/custom mattresses

Patti - I'm not familiar with what is available in the Long Island area - as
I'm from Seattle - but I'd think that the custom mattress business in the greater NYC
area would be fairly unlimited.

If you can't find a conventional mattress company that does custom work -
and one that comes with a good reputation-recommendation...then I'd think that your
RV dealer would have several suggestions.  Every time I attend the RV show in
Seattle - there are always service oriented companies with booths - and the
upholstery/mattress businesses are always there - so I'd sure think that the
NYC area would have an ample number of RV upholstery/interior design/custom
furniture/mattress businesses to choose from.

If you can't find an RV specific business that comes with a good
recommendation - then I'd look to the marine zone. You are located in one of the major
boating zones in the country - and when it comes to boats - mattresses are rarely
"standard" in terms of fit - and you should be able to find someone via the boating
business to assist you.
I would think that just about any custom mattress company that
specializes in boat work is also familiar with RV's and vice versa.

Good luck with your neat project. RL