Re: [VACList] Vulkem or Paint, First?

the Vulkem will never harden, which means that you are
creating a flexible "tab" that will help the paint
peel off.  if you were painting it with automotive
paint (which is what I would do) you'd want to clean
and strip the surface, block sand the old paint, apply
body filler/spot putty to the uneven spots, clean,
prime and paint.

you could use syringes or a nice tight caulking gun
bead on seams after that.  when it's time to re-seal
your trailer, you're not sealing over paint that's
over sealant.

I suppose you could do it either way.  if it were a
car, I'd remove the rubber door trim before painting
the door rather than painting over the trim - just
seems like the right way to do it - to me anyway.

FWIW - Toby