[VACList] Clearcoat removal

Like Jim, I had good results from the Napier product.  I called their
toll-free number, and they gave me the contact info for a local paint
store that sells their stripper under a different label.  It works
well, and I really appreciate the lack of overall environmental
toxicity.  I also have some Aircraft Stripper in spray cans, and used
it on some stubborn spots.  Majorly toxic - it took very little time
before my hands were stinging through exam gloves.  THEN I put on the
nitrile gloves.  Am too old to want neurological damage.

Chuck & Lynn mentioned not being able to get rid of the clearcoat
entirely.  Our Overlander had nasty filiform corrosion on several
panels, and it wasn't always clear to me whether some patterns in the
aluminum were (after stripping) persistent clearcoat, weird
corrosion, or demonic possession.  It's turned out that heavy
compounding has worked for all those areas I've tried so far (lots to
go, though).  I'm using the DeWalt 130 with Nuvite polish for
compounding, and on our unit it can take eight or more passes with G7
before (the vast majority of) the corrosion is gone.  So major
compounding on a small sample area may be a worthwhile experiment.

Stan