[VAC] Re: Holding Tanks - what plastic in '76?

Title: Holding Tanks - what plastic in '76?
Harvey,

Yep, I went the rest of the way and dropped the tanks to find
the extent of the damage caused by the leakage.  It was something
the previous owner allowed to go on for far too long.  There was
a lot of rust -- in some cases braces, etc were rusted completely
through.  I repainted after I had wire-brushed, sanded, and
even cut out and replaced some of the metal.  The galvanized
tank cover had surface rust only, and is reusable.

The rusted framing did not get so bad as to allow the tank cover
to sag.  So, there was none of the damage you mentioned done
to the tanks or plumbing.  The damaged tank vent fitting I mentioned
was where the opening in the floor was off a bit and allowed the fitting
to rub against the plywood.  It wore a hole through it there.

Thanks,
Jimbo / '76 Sovereign