[VAC] Re: blast media/polishing tanks.

ah, you're right! well, I personally wouldn't do
either for some similar reasons:

a) wouldn't do body panels because the pressure of the
blaster could crease or warp the panel, PLUS, the
point of sand blasting is to create a rough surface to
paint - if you talk to a powder coater, or an
anodizer, they'll tell you that you blast off the old
stuff, then sand the surface by hand until it's smooth
enough to paint/anodize. - well, if you're going to
polish, you're better off starting where you're at
rather than making it worse first.. even though your
panels are oxidized, they are still relatively smooth.

b) even though I think you're safe from warping the
tanks, if they are aluminum, and you want to polish
them, blasting would make them coarser than they
already are - again, better off starting where you
are.

c) My trailer came stock with STEEL tanks.  in this
case, I WOULD blast them, then *paint* them, not
polish.  In that case, blasting is a good
alternative..

d) I will be blasting my chassis when the shell comes
off.. that's another good application for that method.

SO, I probably should have been more articulate in the
first place, but I have to get all sneaky checking my
email during work!

Toby