[VAC] Vintage Advantage Newsletter ("The new Bambi 16')

A word of caution for those of who are receiving the newsletter. The new
issue, Vol. 8, Q1, 2001 has a very nice pictorial article about a "new
Bambi 16'". The article seems, at least to me, to suggest that this is a
production unit. Having recently received our first new 16' here at the
dealership, I can assure you this is not the case.
Our new unit has a floor plan very much like the original Bambi's of
60-63 with a rear refer, curbside stove and sink, roadside closet and
"huge" bathroom. The floor plan options are front dinette and L lounge.
The interior materials are quite different from the 19' Bambi and the
rest of the Safari series. Wood (or wood looking) flooring, hard surface
interior skin, and raised edge doors to name a few.
If you look closely at the newsletter photo's you will see there are
only an electric inlet on the curbside and no evidence of water heater,
furnace or refer venting. If this were a production unit these thing
would have been evident by this stage of production. Nice, but not the
real deal.

Charlie