[VAC] Re: General Maintenance frequency

I think we can help some of the potential damage causes while traveling.
My dad sewed up burlap sacks for the stove grills so they travel in a
drawer, not rattling on the stove. I think we need to plan to not use
the door racks in the refrigerator while traveling, but keep all the
stock in the refrigerator and work to keep the refrigerator stuffed full
so things don't slide and bounce around. Its impacts that damage the
refrigerator interior, both bumps and hard stops. Probably some milk
jugs whether filled with air or water can serve to fill the empty
spaces. I tried an old pillow case last trip and it came back very
moldy.

Otherwise making sure the shocks aren't rusted fast, the axle suspension
not settled against the stops and the tires are inflated enough to carry
the load but not so much as to catapult over road ridges then either
driving so fast that the trailer wheels only touch the high spots or
slowly so we don't get the trailer into a resonant motion on slab edges
and help cut back on impact damage.

Probably we can choose softer packaging rather than bare steel and wrap
the heavy pots so the don't rattle and cut back on impact damage.

If the appliances are properly bolted to the trailer, they don't bounce
against the trailer but ride along with it. The loose stuff needs to be
anchored separately. Same thing for the plumbing and wiring. It should
all be anchored to the trailer so it doesn't vibrate but rides along.
Then it lasts much better.

Gerald J.