[VAC] Re: Towing Vintage Airsteams With expensive SUVs

Sounds like you're not very enthusiastic about looking up Tow Specs, etc, Roger.
I went through all this a year and a half ago after my beloved Mazda Van Transmission gave
out towing our '57 Caravel.
For ruggedness and towing the Toyota Land Cruiser seemed the best -- not so expensive if
you buy one used -- just as we do our vintage Airstreams!
FWIW the Land Cruiser is rated @ 5000 lbs for towing.  I can't recall the specifics on the
MB.
The Land Cruiser is very pleasant to drive -- I make my wife pay for the 15mpg gas.  I'd
probably be happier were we to actually travel more towing the Caravel around.

Huff