[VAC] Polishing

I have been reading up on polishing my A/S, and wanted to use the same stuff as the manufacture does.
Of course everyone has their own opinion as to what works best and each Web site offers/reccommends
something different, in both tools to use and polishing compounds.
I have also been reading all these messages on polishing.
I finally decided to just try what we use on aircraft parts and various aluminum panels.
Since I dont' really know the type aluminum used on A/S's whether its 5032 H32 or 2024 T-3 or T-6.
But since I do work as a Aircraft Structural Technician (Sheetmetal) I do know a little bit about metal.
This is aluminum designators which tell you the material compisition and heat treatment.
Anyway, some polish better than others depending on the type aluminum.
Now to the point.
I used WHITE ROUGE to polish the service door as my test area. Works great.
Gives a bright shiny luster to aluminum, you can use a spiral swen or loose buffing wheel.
I used an pneumatic buffer, the same as used to buff car paint, with a 9" pad.
Once I complete the inside I'll be using this on the rest to finish my project.
You can get this from:
Tools and Equipment
Buffing Supplies
7075 Route 446, P.O. Box 649