[VAC] Re: OVERSEAS Caravans

So, Robert/Susan, you're saying you'd like to think about it a while
longer before you decide?  That's okay, just, you know, don't be afraid
to say what you really think.

I don't know if anyone is really serious about it at this point;
personally I enjoy exploring the possibilities, including the
limitations of the vehicles and the past experiences of others, downside
included.  Maybe this discussion doesn't belong on this list, although
it is about the technical aspects of the equipment, among other things.
And where else would we get such a plentiful supply of precipitation,
after all?  Maybe it's conspicuous consumption to make a trip like that;
certainly it's worth thinking about that point.  What I learned from
traveling in Africa was that people there in general were willing to
have less preconceived notions about me than I had about them.  So that
was pretty interesting, but, granted, I didn't have to (and didn't) drag
an Airstream around to learn that.  I kinda think at least some might be
tickled to see Americans living in little tin cans not much bigger than
the locals' own homes.  After all, it's no news to them that Americans
in general enjoy a material standard of living that's much different
from many of theirs.

But PhotoShop?  Nah, I still prefer my memories RAW!

--Sarah