[VAC] Re: OVERSEAS Caravans

Yes, Jim, I agree - the caravan organizers treated you miserably, and I
would be just as mad as you.  WBCCI doesn't run caravans into Mexico, but
if it had been one of theirs, the leader or co-leader would have made sure
someone who spoke spanish stayed with you.  Your acquaintance who stopped
to fuel and was left behind also was not treated right.  Caravaners are
supposed to help one another.  Commercial caravans appear to be a risk I
wouldn't take after hearing of your experiences.

While I don't believe WBCCI caravans would have halted the whole caravan
for a breakdown, they don't abandon you either.  There are usually a leader
and a co-leader, who arranges that the person gets needed help.  But the
caravan then continues on, as it should.  I think I would tend to stick
with these caravans, with people and an organization I know.  They don't do
*everything* 'right' but they do *a lot* right.

- Dick
(5368)