[VAC] Re: Fw: Satin polish and clear coating

Don,

I went to the Walbernize web site.  Most of their products are polishes
and protective coating for painted and clearcoated surfaces.

Except their metal cleaner (for polishing alloy wheels) whose name escapes
 me.

 I have no idea how well this product would work on an oxidized Airstream
 exterior.  Obviously it has some of the same type of chemical cleaners
that
 are in Aluma prep plus some fine abrasive polishing agents.

I think the only way to find out is to try it.

Walbernize was a popular product recommended and sold by Airstream in the
 70's to care for the Plasticoated exterior.  In those days, clear coats
were
 not in common use on autos, so conventional auto polishes of the day
(which
 were designed for pigmented finishes) were very hard on clears.

Oliver Filippi