[VAC] Re: Towing Vintage Airsteams With Vintage Cars

With the availability of parts on those 55 to 57 Chevys, their good looks,
and proven reliability, I have pondered getting one of them to use as an
every day car. I never thought of using one for towing, however.  In some
ways, a Chevy would be better than the Mopar stuff I've been using, since
Mopar is a little hard to find some parts for (harder to get body parts, for
sure). The late 60's and early 70's full size Chrysler products are very
stable tow cars (from experience). I'd be interested to hear how a '56 Chevy
would be (I've never owned one).

We had a '64 Pontiac (when I was a kid) that was not as good as the Chrysler
products are. The Mopars have better stability and a better transmission
(than a '64 Pontiac). An updated '56 Chevy might be just the ticket! I like
that idea (unless I hear otherwise. ) ! Does a '56 Chevy weigh enough to be
a stable tow car? (an early '70's Chrysler weighs about as much as an
aircraft carrier ....and drives like one too).

MARC WEIMER
Punxsutawney, PA  -  Home of the Groundhog
#15767
1963 Globe Trotter
1971 Globe Trotter
http://users.penn.com/~mweimer