[VAC] Re: Vintage tow vehicles/Capetown to Cairo

I've never been to Africa (though I have traveled extensively elsewhere) so I
don't know about actual conditions on the ground, but my rule of thumb as a
travel writer is that things (almost) always looks scarier from a distance
than close-up.  I've noticed that when traveling the folks you talk to in one
country, regardless of what country, will (almost) always tell you how
terrible the problems are in the country next door, why you shouldn't go
there, what awful things will happen when you get there, why their country is
so much better.

 When you get "there," you find that folks are going about daily life in a
regular way.  They of course tell you how terrible things are back in the
country you just left.

Of course there are always exceptions <:/

--Lan Sluder
Belize First Magazine
http://www.turq.com/belizefirst/