[VAC] Re: Overseas Airstreaming & Tow Veh.

http://www.africaguide.com/overland.htm has a couple appropriate links.

http://www.stoessel.ch/beetle_africa.htm
     Africa in a Beetle
     Zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi and Mozambique in a 1974 VW Beetle. 11’598
km, 1’025 liters of fuel, 90
     days, 14 police and military checkpoints, 7 African border
crossings, 7 small break downs, 1 big
     break down, 1 unique car. The award-winning travelogue that was
already published three million
     times.

http://www.african-edventure.org/
     African-Edventure
     If you are thinking of travelling overland through Africa then do
not miss this website. African
     Edventure is an on-line diary of a 26 week overland Expedition from
South Africa to London - it
     certainly will give you an insight to many countries in Africa.

http://www.cdc.gov/travel/eafrica.htm
Health Information for Travelers to East Africa
... Health Information for Travelers to East Africa Burundi,
Comoros, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya ...
for Disease Control and
Prevention.

http://www.sela-v.com/africa/
Travelers: Africa
Traveling in Africa. I wrote this page to all the p...

I found these among tens of thousands of hits searching with google with
the phrase "traveling in africa" I saw a series of articles on the
internet perhaps three years ago telling about traveling from London to
Capetown by Land Rover. A year or two ago there was a BBC series of
Micheal Palen traveling from pole to pole via Africa. Some of the roads
in east Africa were suitable only for high clearance 4x4, farm tractor,
water buffalo, or foot traffic. Almost daily in the Land Rover diary
there were mud holes to navigate either by winching or by cutting a new
road around them.

Add in a half dozen uncivil wars, extreme poverty, mostly lacking
disease control, rogue governments, and no governments and Africa today
seems like one's worst nightmares all running together. There's sure to
be the adventure of the lifetime, but potentially more adventure than
one can survive.

Gerald J.