[VAC] Re: Capetown to Cairo in "09"

Hi Toby and fellow Listees,

    I hate to admit it but I have to agree with Bill about the C2C
reenactment. I do however believe that there are opportunities to reenact
the 50 year anniversaries of the European Caravans. With the opening of Euro
borders and relaxed relations with the former USSR a Euro experience would
be  much safer and less wear and tear on equipment. We still have plenty of
time to plan for the 2006 and 2010 European Reenactments. If anybody is
interested in heading up a committee to study and gather details for this I
would appreciate hearing about it? The roads in Europe are infinitely better
(and unfortunately more crowded) than in 1956 and 1960.

AM