[VAC] Re: Suggested vintage tow vehicles ...NOT!

That's why the word "NOT!" is on the end of the subject line.  I have a 1937
Dodge D5, so I know how powerful they are ...or "aren't", maybe I should
say.  They will move with traffic as long as you don't try to go on the
Interstate.

I saw an article where they were pulling nearly  10,000 pound  trailers with
early 1950's cars. It was in Mechanix Illustrated or a similar publication.
These cars had a top speed of 45 mph while towing ...not quite up to modern
standards. It did surprise me how much they did tow, however. The magazine
was not mine. I wish I had asked the guy if I could buy it!

I tow with vintage cars,   but not that far vintage (as a 1935 Chrysler
Airstream)!  Cars of the 1960's and 1970's were fairly well built and
powerful. Late 60's and early 70's had seat belts, collapsible steering
columns, dual brake systems, disc brakes, etc. that make them decent, safe
and somewhat reliable vehicles. So far, my vintage tow cars have not broken
down so badly I couldn't get home.   I didn't use the '37 Dodge, however!

MARC WEIMER
Punxsutawney, PA  -  Home of the Groundhog
#15767
1963 Globe Trotter
1971 Globe Trotter
http://users.penn.com/~mweimer