[VAC] New Airstreamer-to-be on List

Hi Everyone,

My name is Jill and I have just subscribed to
this list.  I am currently in the process of
hunting down my Vintage Airstream Dream Home to
live and travel in.  I'm 34 tomorrow and have
always been a bit of a gypsy.  Sold my house last
summer and been living with parents since. I
posted a "wanted" ad in the classified section of
this site and have been madly surfing for
Airstreams.  I have cash but would rather trade 2
valuable gemstones.  I'm willing to go just about
anywhere to pick up the right Vintage Airstream
at the right price.  Would prefer larger 60's or
50's model in original condition.

I also bought "Airstream, History of the Land
Yacht" and practically have it memorized.

I would love to talk with fulltimers since that's
what I'm planning to do.  I'm also interested in
learning about CARS instead of trucks as tow
vehicles, specifically vintage.  I've always
driven a Firebird or Camaro... used to have a 78
Camaro that would pull a small trailer.
Currently drive a V6 that I'm sure won't do the
job so I'm also shopping for a tow vehicle. I'd
love to hear from anyone pulling their Vintage
Airstreams with cars, specifically older chevys &
pontiacs.  Would love to use a '67 - '69 Camaro
or Firebird (anyone out there ever used this car
to pull?) And, lastly (for now at least) I want
to eventually add solar to my Airstream and maybe
a non-electric composting toilet.  I want to be
as self sufficient and free to move around as
possible.  I'm also interested in taking my
Airstream abroad some day - do people still do
that?  What is the cost of shipping tow vehicle &
Airstream? I think I was born 45 years too
late... I would have been on every one of Wally's
caravans.

I'll be back with restoration questions as soon
as I find an Airstream to restore! Looking
forward to hearing from you soon.  I'm very
excited to be on this list.

Jill Hari
jillywonkenobe@yahoo.com
Bend, Oregon