[VAC] Frame separation

Even though I am not even close to being ready, one of the main reasons I am
stripping out my Safari is to repair the frame separation problem.  Once all
cleaned out, it will be the first thing I do.

I have read the company "whatchamacallit" online, on how to repair the rear...(thanks
Erik Murray)with the elephant ears and all.  I will not do that, since I will
be removing the bath, I will just remove the inside skins to get at the joint.

In speaking with an experienced AS mechanic yesterday, he mentioned that when
you have frame separation, and the rear sags, like mine does, you will also
have a kink in the frame just aft of the wheel well.
This is also evident by the upward flexing of the same area, and the bulkheads
in that area, upward into the ceiling skins.  My aft closet bulkhead IS pushing
up thru the ceiling panel...not badly, but it has moved.

He mentioned something about a designated part, and number, that would be installed
at the frame after lifting everything with jacks...of some sort. I imagine a
gusset plate is welded onto the frame.

I don't remember reading anything here so complicated with the separation problem...but
it sounds real!

Can any of you that have done this repair shed some light on the subject?

I'd like to get my ducks all in a row...so to speak.

Nick
'68 Safari
WBCCI  2577
WDCU