[VAC] Air conditioner removal

Harvey, thank you very much for the info, and yes, this did help in my understanding.  The next thing is simply to wait for warmer weather and get out and experiment with the equipment.  Another inquiry...our unit also has a non factory installed Coleman Air conditioner.  Being from the north end of the country, and also wanting to restore this '75 Tradewind to its original condition, I'm not sure we really need an air conditioner.  How difficult is it to remove such a thing, and is it advisable?  No doubt there's a fairly large hole on top of the Airstream which would have to be covered, in addition to the fact a portion of the room divider had to be cut in order to fit this Coleman unit in place.  Are there companies that can restore our Airstream to original condition, or would the factory in Ohio do this?  Has anyone else on the list removed air conditioners during restoration?  Thanks,

Robert