[VAC] Re: New wiring

For the few feet it takes in a small airstream that boat wire sounds
like the perfect material. I've never liked to see solid wire in a RV,
yet its been common for decades. Often its poorly protected and poorly
supported, such as exposed in upper cabinets running the lamps mounted
between the doors so stuff sliding in the cabinet can rip it off the
connections and occasionally lead to shorts and fires. The worst I've
seen for wire selection though is the aluminum romex in the late 60s
airstreams. I won't use that for 120 volt loads in my Caravel, so I have
a bit of rewiring to do (just two outlets).

Gerald J.