[VAC] Re: solar solution

120 watts for an hour is 120 watt hours, for ten hours is 1200 watt
hours or 1.2 kilowatt hours.

Electricity use and generation has to be built for the peak loads and
use the peak generation capabilities because loads and generation both
vary. Loads vary because of the number of lights change, the coffee pot
gets done, etc. Solar generation varies because the sun comes and goes
with clouds, trees and sun angle.

That 120 watts is in a fairly strong sun, no haze, no clouds, and with
the sun hitting the solar panel at perfect right angle to the solar
panel. That's peak production achievable only a few hours a day with a
fixed position collector.

Consumption is what you use. I'm of the belief that the gas burner is
plenty good for heating coffee and eats, nearly as fast with single
servings as a microwave, and very energy efficient. I don't like air
conditioning, because it makes my joints hurt, so that's not a problem
for me.

Gerald J.