[VAC] water pump/battery charging/bicycle pump

> I use the trailer in a place where there is no electric, so there's no way
> to charge the battery unless I bring it home. It would seem to me that a
> bicycle pump would not pump enough volume of air to do it. Maybe I'm
wrong?> MARC WEIMER

Thought of another easy solution, Marc. Get one of those portable air tanks. I got a nice one at WalMart at a reasonable price (buy the bigger one). Before you head off to your trailer, either use your home compressor to fill it to about 100 psi, or stop at a gas station and spend 25 cents to fill it there. You'd be surprised how long it will last if you're only charging the trailer's system to 30 or 40 psi. Mine came with a built in regulator and good shutoff valve. You could change the fitting on the hose end and connect to your fill spout's pressure valve ( a quick connect would be nice as long as lyou get an air tight connection).

I carry mine in my truck when I'm pulling equipment. Twice it's saved me from having to change a trailer tire (lost pressure due to broken tire bead or leaky valve stem). It's even got enough capacity to firm up a 26" tractor tire that gets a little soft.

I suppose you could refill the tank with a 12v cig. lighter compressor, but if you've got access to that, you can just pressurize the trailer's tank directly from your car's battery. The advantage of the tank is having an extra reservoir of compressed air if you car/battery are NOT there.

BH62GT/SC