[VAC] Re: 3000 watt generator

Jim, I guess if I lived up North, in the snow belt and needed lots of
heat, I would keep LP for heat and cooking.   If you live in the south,
or travel only in the summer months. electricity is much more important.
The first thing you could do, is throw, and I mean THROW, those horribly
inefficient gas refrigerators over the cliff.  A simple $200 electric
refrig. would actually MAKE ice and keep everything cold.  Most of the
women I know never fire up that hot oven, and complain about using that
"Hot" stove, except of course the cooking gourmets, who I love, but are
rare as hen's teeth.  For hot water, the little electric probe in your
Attwood, would work just fine.   The more I think about Jim Smith's
idea, the better I like it.  You could throw away the stove and oven, at
least a hundred pounds.  All that copper LP line is heavy.  The two 30
lb propane bottles are heavy, and the weight of the regulator is also
heavy.  You would only run the genset when away from hookups, and then
only at intervals.  Just think, no propane, or propane problems.

Bill Scott
Charter Member and Membership Chairman
Washington DC Unit,  WBCCI   #3221
Our Homepage;  http://www.servintfree.net/wbcci-dc/